On Sunday 13th October, voters will decide who will sit in Polish Sejm in the next term.
After four years of the conservative government of PiS (Law and Justice) party, who has held majority in the parliament, the time for another choice to be made comes. A new government, regardless of its composition, will have to deal with consequences of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union, development of the process which resulted from the activation of Article 7 against Poland, but also domestic issues such as ageing population and meagre healthcare system.
- Will the upcoming election bring a radical change in Polish leadership and therefore politics?
- What questions were important during the campaign?
- How to explain the results and what shall we expect to come out of it?
Guests discussing those and other issues are:
- Monika Gabriela Bartoszewicz, MUNI
- Vít Dostál, AMO
- Artur Wolek, Academia Ignatianum, Krakow
- Tomáš Brolík, Respekt magazine (TBC)
Moderator: Anežka Fuchsová, AMO
Please register at: bit.ly/Registration_Poland_2019
The debate will be held in English without interpretation.
The event is supported by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic and its projects on public diplomacy in areas of foreign affairs of the Czech Republic and international relations.
The event is organised by Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky/Association for International Affairs in cooperation with Demokratický střed and Studentská sekce IIPS.
- DATUM A ČAS
16. října, 2019
18:00 – 20:00
Fakulta sociálních studií MU
Joštova 10, Brno (P52)
- Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky (AMO)
- PRACOVNÍ JAZYK
- Anglický jazyk