According to the official statistics, there has been a strong increase in Ukrainian students coming to study to the Visegrad Group countries. Do the economic development, migration and labour policies of the target countries correspond with the aspirations and plans of the future Ukrainian young professionals? What are the biggest obstacles that these students and graduates have to tackle? How many of them plan to settle in the country where they completed their studies, would like to move west or consider returning back to Ukraine?
The participants of the conference will have the chance to get acquainted with the results of the research project organized among the Ukrainian students in the Czech Republic and participate in the debate about the importance and potential of Ukrainian student migration for the Czech Republic.
The registration for this conference is mandatory.
10:00 – 10:10 Opening remarks
– Maria Kudelia, Analyst, CEDOS, Kyiv
10:10 – 11:00 Presentation of the research outcomes and subsequent discussion
– Yana Leontiyeva, Research Fellow, Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences
11:00 – 12:20 Panel Debate
– Jakub Tesař, Head of Higher Education Department, DZS – Centre for International Cooperation in Education
– Ivana Ryšková, Area specialist for Ukraine, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
– Michal Lošťák, Vice-rector for international relations, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
– Oksana Belkova, Coordinator of inter-cultural employees, Integration centre Prague
Moderator: Vít Dostál, Director of the AMO Research Center
12:20 Light lunch
Program of the conferenceDownload
For news, please follow our Facebook.
The conference is a part of the project of Ukrainian Student Migration to V4 Countries from the Perspective of Human Capital Potential. The project has been funded by the International Visegrad Fund and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The project is coordinated by the Polish Institute of Public Affairs (IPA).
- Date and time
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
10:00 – 13:00
Kino Evropský dům
Prague 1Show on a map
- In cooperation with
- International Visegrad Fund and Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- WORKING LANGUAGES