The international expert conference organized by the Association for International Affairs (AMO) in cooperation with the NATO Information Center in Prague and with kind support of the NATO Public Diplomacy Division.
Given the volatility of the European neighbourhood in the East and in the South, the year 2014 possibly marks a structural change in the European security environment. This expert conference is organized with aim to discuss the consequences of the security environment change with particular focus on the NATO-Russia relations after the September NATO Wales Summit and the reflexion of recent developments, firstly, in countries neighbouring Russia yet also keeping strong relations, and some even seeking NATO membership, and, secondly, the reflection of the Visegrád 4 countries.
Program & Speakers:
10:30 – 10:40 Presentation of AMO Briefing Paper, background on the topic
- Jakub Kufčák, Associate Fellow, Association for International Affairs (AMO), Prague
10:40 – 12:00 Panel I: NATO‐Russia after the Wales Summit: A View from Russia’s Neighborhood
- Ekaterine Tkeshelashvili, President, Georgian Institute for Strategic Studies, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, Tbilisi
- Erik Brattberg, Resident Fellow, Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security’s Strategic Foresight Initiative, Washington D.C.
12:00 – 12:15 Coffee Break
12:15 – 13:30 Panel II: Security Environment Change: A View from the Visegrád
- Barbora Padrtová, Programme Director for Transition, Centre for European and North Atlantic Affairs (CENAA), Bratislava
- Jiří Schneider, Senior Fellow, Prague Security Studies Institute (PSSI), Prague
13:30 – 14:00 Buffet Lunch & Networking
The conference is chaired by Vít Dostál, Director of the Research Center, Association for International Affairs (AMO), Prague.
- DATUM A ČAS
Thursday, December 18, 2014
10:30 – 14:00
- MÍSTO KONÁNÍ
NATO Information Center, Room 218B,Ukázat na mapě
- VE SPOLUPRÁCI S
- NATO Public Diplomacy Division, NATO Information Center Prague
- PRACOVNÍ JAZYKY