CHOICE (projekt AMO zaměřený na vliv Číny ve střední a východní Evropě) otevírá přijímací řízení na letní školu.
The exciting summer program will gather a group of aspiring young professionals and advanced university students from across the European continent. The summer school dedicated to the political, economic and security dynamics of the Indo-Pacific region, with a key focus on China, will take place on May 6-10, 2024, in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage town of Kutná Hora, Czech Republic, near the capital Prague.
This will be the second edition of the Summer School, with the inaugural edition dedicated to China-EU relations held in May 2022. The participants of the previous summer school had a chance to listen to lectures delivered by many esteemed speakers, including Dr. Tomáš Petříček (former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic), H.E. Nicholas Chapui (EU Ambassador to China), H.E. Diana Mickevičienė (Lithuanian Ambassador to China), Ondřej Wágner (first secretary of the Delegation of the European Union to Beijing), Isabel Hilton, OBE (the Founder and Senior Advisor of China Dialogue), Dr. Jakub Jakóbowski (Senior Fellow at the China Program of the Centre for Eastern Studies (OSW), Dr. Janka Oertel (Director of the Asia Program at the European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) and Dr. Ivana Karásková (Founder and Leader of CHOICE).
What to expect?
- participation in exclusive expert sessions on key challenges facing Indo-Pacific region delivered by established specialists in the field
- engaging multi-day simulations of crisis negotiations
- intensive group work under time pressure
- opportunity to network with other participants from all over Europe
- learning about future career opportunities in the field
- five days in Kutná Hora spent in the beautiful medieval environment of Jesuit College
Who are we looking for?
- Young professionals, post-docs, Ph.D. candidates and advanced Master students from the fields of e.g. Asian Studies (general or focused on single country), Area Studies, International Relations, Security Studies, Peace Studies, Political Science but also Economics, Law or Environmental Studies
- Participants from all parts of Europe. As a platform dedicated to making voices from Central and Eastern Europe heard in discussions about China in Europe, we believe it is important to foster a new generation of China scholars in the region. Participants from Central and Eastern European countries (i.e. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia) are especially encouraged to apply and may apply for limited number of available scholarships.
- Participants with a good command of spoken and written English
- Motivated, enthusiastic people who will participate in discussions and prepare for expert sessions by reading assigned materials
How to apply?
- Send your application to email@example.com
- Deadline for application: January 31, 2024
- Attach your professional CV and a motivation letter
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview in the first half of February.
Summer school fee: 500 EUR
The fee covers all costs related to the summer school, including accommodation, food, reading materials and expert lectures. Both local and international travel costs will be reimbursed.
We encourage participants to discuss opportunities of financial support provided by their home institutions. Besides, we also offer a limited number of scholarships for participants from Central and Eastern Europe which lowers the fee to 100 EUR (the registration fee).
For further inquiries about the program, please contact Future CHOICE coordinator Ms. Veronika Blablová at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DATUM A ČAS
6. – 10. května 2024
- PRACOVNÍ JAZYK