International roundtable organized by the Association for International Affairs (AMO) supported by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF). The event is a part of the 7th International Symposium “Czech Foreign Policy” organized by the Institute of International Relations.
Conference Report of Lyudmyla TysyachnaDownload
European Union’s eastern policy has been shaken since Vilnius Summit of the Eastern Partnership in 2013. The Riga Summit in May 2015 did not bring any breakthrough. It has cemented already visible trends: differentiation and wait and see position vis-à-vis Russia. However, Ukrainian revolution, annexation of Crimea and – as a result – deterioration of relations between the EU and Russia tell us that deep rethinking is necessary. New European Commission has decided to review the European Neighborhood Policy (ENP). The consultation procedure was concluded in June 2015 and a new communication should be presented in autumn.
- Štefan Füle, Former European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy; Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Prague
- Vít Dostál, Director of the Research Center, Association for International Affairs (AMO), Prague
- Victor Chirila, Executive Director, Foreign Policy Association (APE), Chisinau
- Botond Feledy, Saint Ignatius Jesuit College, Budapest
- Arzu Geybullayeva, Foreign Policy Research Institute, Baku
- Gustav Gressel, Visiting Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), Berlin
- Grzegorz Gromadzki, Analyst, Stefan Batory Foundation, Warsaw
- Lucia Najšlová, V4 Revue, Bratislava
- Irakli Porchkhidze, The Georgian Institute for Strategic Studies, Tbilisi
- Dmytro Shulga, International Renaissance Foundation, Kiev
- Sławomir Dębski, Director, Centre for Polish-Russian Dialogue and Understanding, Warsaw
The event is a part of the research project Trends of Eastern Partnership supported by the International Visegrad Fund whose results will be distributed there and serve as a base for further discussion.
Trends of Eastern PartnershipDownload
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic,
Loretánské náměstí 5Map
- International Visegrad Fund (IVF) and Institute of International Relations
- WORKING LANGUAGE
- OFFICIAL HASHTAG
- #AMOtrendy #CFPsympo