AMO with its partners organize international expert conference discuss the implications of the Brexit on the relation between the Eurozone and non-Eurozone countries with a special focus on the V4.
The event is closed for a public and the participation is possible only after prior invitation.
A joint policy paper of analysts from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia will be presented at the event. Moreover, other experts from Germany, Sweden and other non-Eurozone countries will discuss implications of possible Eurozone integration (as outlined in the Five Presidents’ Report) for convergence of the EU.
13:00 – 13:15 Registration
13:15 – 14:45 The view from the V4 (presentation of the policy paper)
(perspective of the Euro adoption; EU debate after the UK referendum; special role of Slovakia; V4+Germany relations)
- Vladimír Bilčík, Slovak Foreign Policy Association (SFPA), Bratislava
- Vít Dostál, Association for International Affairs (AMO), Prague
- Kryštof Kruliš, Association for International Affairs (AMO), Prague
- Tamás Szemlér, National University of Public Service, Budapest
- Paweł Zerka, WiseEuropa, Warsaw
Policy Paper Rethinking V4’s Eurozone Dilemmas after the UK ReferendumDownload
14:45 – 15:00 Coffee break
15:00 – 16:30 The bigger picture: Eurozone and the rest?
(compliance of the deeper Eurozone integration and the search for new EU–wide narrative; guarantees of the inviolability of the Internal Market; institutional aspects; geopolitical implications for non-Eurozone countries, progress of the Five Presidents’ Report)
- Mats Braun, Metropolitan University Prague, Prague
- Jan-Martin Frie, European Policy Strategy Centre of the European Comission, Brussels
- Jörg Haas, Jacques Delors Institut, Berlin
- Paweł Tokarski, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, Berlin
- Aleš Chmelař, Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, Prague
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic
- WORKING LANGUAGE