International conference organized under the auspices of Karel Schwarzenberg, Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic.
The purpose of the conference is to commemorate two years anniversary of the Euromaidan but at the same time discuss Ukrainian European future and, more broadly, the future of the Eastern Partnership and EU-Russia relations as well. Since the signing of Minsk II accords and the breakout of the refugee crisis, Europe is gradually losing interest in Ukraine. Though, the country is still under huge military pressure from Russia.
Conference Report of Lyudmyla TysyachnaDownload
Moreover, it is trying to push through needed socio-economic reforms while simultaneously implementing far-reaching administrative, institutional and constitutional amendments stipulated in Minsk accords which are to be fully implemented by the end of year. At the same time, Ukraine has not stepped down from its objective to become a member of Euro-Atlantic integration structures. The stability and prosperity of Ukraine are also crucial for upholding secure EU’s neighbourhood.
Recordings from conferenceDownload
- Radosław Sikorski, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland, Warsaw
- Štefan Füle, Former European Commissioner for Enlargement and ENP, Prague
- Henry Foy, Central Europe Correspondent, Financial Times, Warsaw
- Olena Halushka, International Relations Manager, Reanimation Package of Reforms, Kiev
- Bruce Jackson, Founder and President, Project on Transitional Democracies, Washington D.C.
- Balázs Jarábik, Nonresident Scholar, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Brussels
- Yevhen Fedchenko, Co-Founder and Director, StopFake.org, Kiev
- Rebecca Harms, MEP, The Greens/European Free Alliance, Brussels
- Petr Luňák, Deputy Head of Engagement Section, NATO Public Diplomacy Division, Brussels
Monday, December 7, 2015
Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech RepublicMap
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, U.S. Embassy Prague, Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic, NATO
- WORKING LANGUAGE
- OFFICIAL HASHTAG