Association for International Affairs in cooperation with Europeum – Institute for European Policy and with the support of the Open Society Foundations, the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Prague and the Czech-Polish Forum organizes an international expert conference that completes the year-round project called Challenging the Czech Tales on European Policies. Media partner of the event is EurActiv.cz.
The nearing end of the seven-year budgetary framework also means the need to negotiate the future Multiannual financial framework in the time of fiscal austerity, stricter audit of the use of EU budget, and stronger budgetary powers of the European Parliament introduced in the Lisbon Treaty.
Even though these questions are crucial for further development of the EU in mid- and long-term, the EU-wide debate is insufficient. National debates are often isolated and limited to financial arguments, without more detailed information on debates in other Member States or without detailed analysis of long-term effects. What is the content of these debates in Central-European states, the Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, and Slovakia, and what can they learn from one another?
- VLADIMÍR BILČÍK, Head of European Studies Research Programme, Slovak Foreign Policy Association, Slovakia
- ULRIKE HERRMANN, Journalist, Die Tageszeitung, Germany
- OGNIAN HISHOW, Senior Associate, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP), Germany
- VIERA KNUTELSKÁ, Research Fellow, Association for International Affairs, Czech Republic
- DAVID KRÁL, Director, EUROPEUM – Institute for European Policy, Czech Republic
- AGNIESZKA ŁADA, Head of the European Programme, The Institute of Public Affairs, Poland
- MAŁGORZATA LEŁINSKA, Specialist, Department of Structural Funds, PKP Lewiatan, Poland (tbc)
- MIROSLAV LOPATA, Partner & General Manager, Premier Consulting, Slovakia
- ARNOŠT MARKS, Project Consultant, Association for International Affairs, Czech Republic
- MARTIN TLAPA, Deputy State Secretary for European affairs, Office of the Government, Czech Republic
December 13 2012
9:00 – 15:00
Embassy of the Republic of Poland in PragueMap
- Europeum - Institutem pro evropskou politiku, Open Society Foundations, the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Prague, Czech-Polish Forum and EurActiv.cz
- WORKING LANGUAGE