• Do you want to better understand crucial issues that will play an important role in Asia’s future prospects?
• Would you like to get practical experience, learn new skills by working on real-world problems of public and private sector and expand your professional network?
• Are you a young professional or graduate student with previous work experience and very good command of English?
Join ALYAS 2019!
Asia offers many challenges and opportunities. It has the world’s fastest-growing economies, the majority of the global population, key influencers in international affairs and leaders in innovations.
What is ALYAS?
Project ALYAS (AMO Lectures for Young Asia Scholars) fosters long-term relationships and cooperation among young professionals, experts and practitioners. Our goal is to prepare the next generation of leaders in the field of Asian affairs. You can be one of them!
Why is it worth it?
During the program you will be invited to two intense sessions consisting of seminars, debates, workshops, mentoring and team-building activities (3 days per session, in Prague). You will also become a part of a growing network of talented young professionals focusing on Asian.
Besides meeting new likeminded people, you will get an opportunity to expand your professional network, learn new skills and immediately put them in practice by working on real-world issues for the program partners.
What is the topic of ALYAS 2019?
We will focus on EU-East Asia relations in the turbulent times of Donald Trump’s world order and will work on issues related to the following four areas:
- politics and diplomacy
- economics and business
- defence and security
- innovations and entrepreneurship
Locations and timeline:
- Prague, March 28-30, 2019 (Thursday afternoon – Saturday afternoon)
- Prague, May 2-4, 2019 (Thursday afternoon – Saturday afternoon)
How ALYAS works? What to expect?
ALYAS participants will be divided into several teams. Each team will have a main supervisor from one of the partner organizations. You and supervisors will meet for an introductory meeting at the end of March 2019. During the introductory meeting, you will attend discussions, seminars and workshops, but will also meet your project supervisors and start working on policy papers or case-studies.
You will have five weeks to finish the assigned projects. During that time, you should arrange one conference call with your supervisor, make sure your project in on the track and get feedback on your progress.
At the beginning of May 2019, you will meet again to attend workshops, discussions, present the final results and get an evaluation. Based on merit, selected participants will be offered an internship or job opportunity with one of our partner organizations.
Who are the participants? Who can apply?
- Graduate students and young professionals with prior work experience and interest for Asian affairs with varying professional and educational backgrounds (from the fields of academia, business, media, politics, public administration and NGOs)
- Selected participants will be based in the Czech Republic and speak English fluently
- They will have strong willingness to get involved in the teamwork and contribute time and energy throughout the program
How to apply?
Please send us by February 24, 2019:
- cover letter in English (1 page, single spaced) or video essay (max 3 min) – explaining why you believe you are a good candidate for the program and what would you like to learn from it
- your CV
- fill in the application form: https://goo.gl/forms/PlINoz2AYvZ3iiZm1
The deadline for application is February 24, 2019. We are looking forward to your application!
What are the conditions?
In case of your acceptance, we charge a one-time participation fee of 2 000 CZK (without VAT if apply). We cover your program arrangement including board during the day, however you will be expected to cover your travel expenses and accommodation if necessary. You are expected to attend both program component units in full and get actively involved in the team project.
Who can you contact for more questions and information?
Blanka Šoulavá, email@example.com, tel. +420 737 453 357
Who is the organizer?
Association for International Affairs (AMO)
The program is supported by the Taipei Economic and Culture Office in Prague.