AMO in cooperation with its partners organizes conference about EU enlargement.
The purpose of the conference is to discuss prospects for the EU enlargement. European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has declared that there will be no Enlargement within the mandate of his college. The rules for candidate countries are stricter than previously and the EU has many internal issues to tackle. Is the EU enlargement a closed chapter and do we have to search for a new narrative with the countries aspiring for membership?
17:00-17:05 Opening Remarks
- Viktória Jančošeková, Manager of President’s Office, Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, Brussels
- Vlaďka Votavová, Director, AMO
- Konrad Niklewicz, Managing Deputy Director, Civic Institute, Warsaw
Konrad Niklewicz: The Long March Towards the EU: Candidates, Neighbours and the Prospects for EnlargementDownload
17:30 – 19:00 Panel Discussion
- Štefan Füle, Special Envoy for the OSCE and the Western Balkans, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Prague
- Martin Kastler, Director of the Czech Office, Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung, Prague
- Tomáš Jungwirth, Research Fellow, AMO, Prague
19:00 Glass of wine
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Anglo-American University in Prague, Room: 2.07
- Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung, Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies and Anglo-American University in Prague
- WORKING LANGUAGE